Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Quick, someone pinch me.

(After we're home Saturday, it'll be back to our regularly scheduled programming.  For now, humor me while I whine about never wanting to return to reality.)

Typically at this portion of a vacation I'm burnt out, ready to be done, home, in my own bed, my own air, using my own bathroom and towels, watching my tv from my couch where I'm typing on my laptop.  You get the idea.

She was made for the beach.

Somehow, every day that passes here on the East coast leaves me wanting to stay even more than I ever have before.  I feel like the toddler who refuses to go to bed, digging her heels into the carpet screaming "No!"  But, of course...I'm not screaming...of course not...I'm a well put-together-mature-reasonable adult.  Of course.

As was she.  Beach babies, all of them.

Even my kids are still having fun.  Granted, our hosts are probably just about done with them.



Something about this place.  It brought me here from 1,600 miles away ten years ago and it still pulls on my spirit.  That pesky money stuff is the only thing stopping me from accidentally missing my flight on Friday.  What I need is an endless supply of funds as well as time, and people to spend that time with us.

But no matter what we may need endless funds to keep THIS princess fancy.

Even with our family dynamics here in Maine, interesting and unique albeit not the easiest, we're happy here.  More on that another day.



I need to keep reminding myself that this is a vacation.  A time where there are others involved with the caring of my children, making life a little easier for me.  The husband is off work as well and the novelty is heavy.  If we lived here, I wouldn't be home every day, nor would someone be home right beside us ready to shoulder the burden responsibility of three young children.  And soon enough, this would become home just as our moderately sized minnesota town has, and we'd start yearning for another change of scenery a few times a year.

But still.  I could get used to THIS...


No comments:

Post a Comment